Total Pageviews

February 10, 2013

Nautical Devotion in Mungbeing Magazine



Zines are a wonderful way to share your art and be part of a network of writers, poets and visual artists.  Mungbeing Magazine, is created by Mark who is the editor-in-chief and a really sweet guy.  He is a man with many hats; all being artistic endeavors that he devotes his life and time to. The owner of a publishing company called Pelekinesis and a member of the avant garde rock band Wckr Spgt for the last 30 years.

The newest Issue #48: Devotion - "We dedicate our lives and loves to so many things."  I have three images under the title: Nautical Devotion.  Blue Octopus, Blue Moon and Feeding Frenzy are three works of mine in this issue. As an artist, you really need to put yourself out there to create more exposure and seek out new fans for your art.  This magazine requires commitment to submitting new art every issue.  I feel extremely lucky to have been accepted as part of this collective and meet every deadline as soon as it is announced.  The myth of irresponsible and scattered artist is just that, a myth.  I am thankful for all artist opportunities that come my way and respond in a responsible and consistent way.  Having a full time job, not in the arts, generates an importance for me to really focus on art opportunities that come my way.  The reality is, I want to devote my life to creating art, and hope someday to be able to support myself doing so.  

Thank you for reading, Callie

No comments: