Total Pageviews

March 19, 2021

Callie Art on Etsy!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CallieArt Just sold!



I opened my Etsy store in hope that it would expose my art to a wider audience and be an easy way for people to have access to purchasing my artwork. As the years went by Etsy became more and more infiltrated with other "Callie's". Putting Callie into the search did not bring my store into view, but rather a vast array of other Callie artwork. How does one become more successful in showing up on top of the list I pondered. Apparently key words are essential in your descriptions. Also posting your etsy store on other platforms, such as your website and blog. Which brings me here, to this day, writing about my Etsy store to make people aware of its very existance.

Last night, much to my surprise, I made a sale! It showed up as an e-mail informing me of the purchase. Last time I made a sale on Etsy was the night before my father passed. The buyer's name was Ceila, my dad's mother's name. I took this as a sign, and I ran with it. First thing the next morning I ran to the post office to send the purchase off. Right before getting into the subway to visit my dad in the hospital my younger brother called my cell to tell me of dad's passing. Etsy was the conduit to my Nana, telling me everything was going to be alright, she was there for my dad. Strange story I know, but this is a blog of free expression.

And so I am back to believing in my Etsy shop and will be adding new work to it as much as possible. I acutally love shopping on Etsy. It allows you to work directly with artists, cut out the big stores, and find some incredible one of a kind pieces. A great place to scour for gift ideas. I highly recommend it!

Cheers! Callie CallieArt.com https://www.etsy.com/shop/CallieArt

No comments: