Total Pageviews

July 10, 2022

Rather Random Moments

My life in NYC from 1983 - 1989. During this time period I moved from Rockland County to NYC to attend Parsons School of Design to study photography. I never left the city. My life would be forever changed by the people I met and the crazy things we did. I had found my peeps, and knew this was where I belonged. I was not one who enjoyed High School, or college for that matter, but I loved the bizarro people I was meeting, and the places we would go. Danceteria, Area, Limelight, the Palladium, Private Eyes, and the Peppermint Lounge. These clubs were buzzing with excitment, a thrilling feeling that fed my soul. So much to discover and embrace, opening my eyes to another way of being. The following photos are from this period of time. The photos were created in a process that I created titled, "The Drop Negative" techique. My senior thesis at Parsons School of Design featured this technique.



Thank you for your visit. Callie Art

No comments: